Monday, August 15, 2005

Young girl sings



I found this girl with a number of her friends in the Yarlung valley around the Valley of Tombs. I asked her if she wouldn't mind singing a song to my camera. She chose a song that her mother used to sing to her. I think her voice is great.

I only wish I could have asked her to sing it twice so I could have got more footage to play with as I was editing it.

Ahhh that is the editor in me speaking. Forget him... the artist in me says I already have too many cuts as it is.

I am only uploading this as quicktime as a test to see if anyone wants me to include wmv versions?

Travels in Tibet: Young Girl Sings 4.8 megs 0:46 min quicktime

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is stuning and I'm at a loss to express how much I appreciate this vlog. You will be regarded among the best of the early vloggers. please keep going!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that! I have been watching for a couple weeks now and am just in awe of these beautiful images and stories. Thank you!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Carl Weaver said...

Great job capturing a special moment. How did you come to ask this girl to sing a song? I never would have thought of that!

2:58 AM  
Blogger Clark ov Saturn said...

great great stuff! You're a wonder with the camera and editing. I love the music you put with the videos and love to hear kids sing. Here's a kind of junkily edited version of child singing in vietnam, i made. The Travelvlog rocks!
http://spacetruckingmogul.com/edit/seasia.mov

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was amazing! thank you

9:05 PM  
Blogger pylorns said...

pretty cool! I saw your video via rocketboom - where did the music come from that one? What are you doing being hosted on blogspot? Wouldn't you like to be hosted on a real website?

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this one!
I hope you don't mind, I might have some of my students sing for me!
Great Vlog!!1

3:56 PM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

Wow, that was incredible!

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home