Friday, July 22, 2005

Travels in Tibet





A couple of years ago, I went on a trip to Tibet. It was the first time that I had ever traveled with a video camera. When you travel with a mind of what experiences and memories might be interesting to preserve on video, you end up focusing on aspects that you may have previously given only a moment of notice. Farmers with their yaks, a young girl washing a boat or a village sifting their harvest all became magic moments through the lens of the camera. Over the course of 16 days I shot about 14 hours of video footage.

I spent the next year and a half editing that footage into a series of workable videos as time would permit me. Spending such a long time allowed me to revisit Tibet over and over again.

I will be posting my videos every so often. If you have plans to visit somewhere that I have shot I hope these inspire you to firm your plans. If you have no intention of traveling, I hope that you enjoy seeing the world through my lens.

My first video is 3:17 and is about 24 megs in quicktime format

Travels in Tibet: Views from the Road Quicktime

Travels in Tibet: Views from the Road WMV

3 Comments:

Blogger chris weagel said...

excellent work.

your video is why videoblogging isn't just another tech-gimmick.

I really appreciated the sound and color work.

the only change I'd suggest is in your title slate.

I like the moving background-is that a bell?- but I'd lose the little brown backdrop on the words.

Keep up the good work.

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Stuff, bro.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your video reflects a genuine sensitivity and love of subject matter. The audio track is perfect and enhances the visuals beautifully.

Keep it up! You inspire me.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home