Saturday, July 23, 2005

Blind Banjo Player



While traveling in Tibet through Gyantse I saw this Blind Busker playing his banjo outside a monastery. There was something about the way he played and sung that I found very alluring and haunting at the same time. I wish I knew what he was singing about.

Travels in Tibet: Blind Banjo Player Quicktime
Travels in Tibet: Blind Banjo Player Window Media

UPDATE: I posted this video at youtube and a kind person posted the following comment on the words:

"It tells the story of a Free nation and freedom loving spirit. Well i will Say Save this peace loving nation. Free Tibet."

4 Comments:

Blogger Zulfiqar Ali Butt said...

Dear, Nest time when you travel I can accompany you. I am originally from Pakistan now settled in the USA. You can visit Pakistan with me when I go this year in November or December. Ben

2:56 AM  
Blogger Graham Walker said...

I use a Canon GL1 which is a decent 3 chip camera. Kind of a pain to carry around but it is worth it.

I have done a fair amount of traveling and Tibet has always been high on my list. If you are interested in going first thing to do is go to a book store and check out a guidebook on Tibet.

PS - thanks for the linking info

1:59 PM  
Blogger Quirk said...

Amazing and beautiful.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Michael Meiser said...

I'm going to have to agree with Josh on that. It's absolutely amazing. ANd now I remember how I stumble upon your vlog. It was the vlog of the week over at we make media.

-Mike

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home