Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Buying Yak Cheese



I love Yaks (as you will see later...) so I had to try Yak cheese, but I only wanted a few pieces. Little bit of a language barrier between buyer and seller going on here. I ended up buying the whole darn chain and giving most of it to our guides (who rather enjoyed it). I was glad I tried it though cause Yaks are wicked cool animals. If you get the chance try Yak cheese, it is an experience. It is sort of like eating a hard cheese version of an everlasting gobstopper.

No fancy editing here and the video is nice and short.

P.S. I capitalize the 'Y' in Yak in this post becuase I think Yaks are worthy of such distinction

Travels in Tibet: Buying Yak Cheese 5.5 megs 0:55 min Quicktime
Travels in Tibet: Buying Yak Cheese 6.3 megs 0:55 min WMV

4 Comments:

Blogger Douglas said...

TOO MUCH YAK CHEESE!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi graham !!! oma and myself being laura have just seen your cheese de yak blogg now why do you think Yaks are worthy of destinction ?? was the Yak cheese any good ?? oma says to brush your teeth and cut your hair she fully appreciates the Yaks and adds yak yak is that all you can do (dont know why she said that) -hedgehog/laura,oma

6:35 PM  
Blogger Josh Leo said...

got to love the communication across languages...not always that sucessful, I had plenty of that to deal with in Germany...of course I never ended up with too much yak cheese

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have. I have a site about free banjo music sheets. You can check it out at free banjo music sheets

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home