Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Running of the Yaks



One of the the great benefits of not taking public transit and having your own driver when traveling (first time I have ever had this luxury) is the ability to yell "STOP!! Cool yak things going on up ahead!!!" Without a doubt, this yak experience was the best of the bunch.
After the barley has been harvested a village will gather up all the yaks on a large concrete pad and drive them around in circles over the harvest to separate the grain from the husk. I guess you could say, may hoofs make for light work.
For me, this was one of the biggest highlights of the trip and being able to get right into the action and film this experience was a total blast.

The Running of the Yaks 9.1 megs Quicktime format

Also started compressing my videos for use on the new ViPod The Running of the Yaks 7.8 megs m4v format

Here is a photo of me running with the yaks with my camera

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before I say anythimg, let me say that the photo you posted were we can see you running with the camera i really goog.

Now, waht I liked most of this video was the sound... AMAZING.... nice editing and nice shots, specially when the camera suddenly is running side to side with the yaks.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home