Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Life in Czech - Castle Ruins Part 1






Changing gears here a bit in this post. Instead of traveling around the world, I figure it is time to turn the camera on the place that I live: the Czech Republic.

This is a video I shot last summer on an excursion I made with my wife's family to a couple of castle ruins about 40 minutes outside of Prague. The Czech Republic is littered with at least 1000 castles. I much prefer visiting the ruins, becuase they are generally more open, as opposed to the important castles that you must take a tour.

Watch the Video quicktime 21.4 megs

6 Comments:

Blogger Devin said...

Cool. There are some Czech exchange students at my school. Neat to see some of their home country.

:flagged:

4:56 AM  
Blogger The Blue Butterfly said...

Hey there!

I just watched one of your ipod video blog clips! Awesome!

I am a Canadian girl living in Seoul, South Korea for the year. In September, I will be leaving and traveling Europe and India/Asia for about six months. I'll keep checking out your blog for furthur places I should visit! Thanks!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't express the mad respect I have you! This video, and your other vids, in one solid word...money! I love em! I have popped in and out, you always have great stuff. This tour video, a minute in your day, man, you summed it up just right, the human element, the history, the modern day culture, the foreign language, this is what I love and what a lot of vlogs lack, dynamic information!!! Would love to see you in Japan...you gotta place to crash! Vlog on!!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Guy Ellis said...

Great video and great post! What camera did you use for that?

5:49 PM  
Blogger Graham Walker said...

Guy, For this post I used my Canon GL1 which is now considered to be an older 3 chip camera. A little heavy to lug around, but I am used to it

3:06 PM  
Blogger Guy Ellis said...

Thanks for the answer Graham. I've never managed to get my Pentax to produce stuff as good as that so I'm debating with myself if it is the artist or the tool that is to blame. My ego naturally blames the tool but I fear it could be the artist.

Thanks for providing us with that excellent video clip and insight into the Czech castles.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home